Monday 21 January 2008

Radio Sta-a-a-a-a-r!


Thanks to Tara Dominick I got to talk about my love landscape project on Hope FM yesterday morning. I didn't post about it in advance, just in case somebody read this and then listened! My mum and dad heard the show though, and said I came across very well, with no ums and ahs - if it had been awful, they probably would have said the same thing!


It was really fun to see how a radio show is put together - everything from not knocking your mic with your hand (sorry!) to watching them fade in the national news and the advertising. I'd love to do it again, now I've done it once, though how often people would want me to talk about photographs on the radio, I don't know! The most difficult thing was not saying 'Jesus Christ!' or 'Oh my God!' as it's a Christian radion station - not that I normally say that often, but it wanted to come out!


The picture above is one I mentioned in the show - taken in Padova. Rather pretentiously, I talked about how I put things into the pictures that I think help tell a story, and here it could be about the Padovan romance with their bicycles, and our romantic ideas about Italy as a country. Or it's a picture of two bicycle seats next to a picture of a heart. You decide!

2 comments:

Dave B said...

So is there any way to access the voice of Angels on Hope radio? Is there a podcast or anything? Did yer Mum tape it? Glad it went well. Catch up soon - Dave

Paul Angel said...

You have to 'listen live' to hear it... simply travel back in time to the date required and click the 'Listen Live' button on the Hope FM homepage. Should be obvious, really.