Wednesday 9 January 2008

Hoorah for PR!



Rather excitingly, I've been lucky enough to be selected as one of the artists to promote Dorset Art Weeks as part of a Valentines Day PR exercise. Gemma Ward from Liz Lean PR has written a fantastic press release all about me, which makes me sound far more competant and aware of what I'm doing with this series than I feel, but which is really flattering and is giving me the kick up the bum I need to pull out all the stops for the week approaching Valentines Day and towards DAW in May.

Anyway, the pic today is another Popular Favorite, photographed in Upton Country Park some time ago. The beech woods there are stunning, and I can assure you that the colours in this image are entirely true to life - nature's canvas, and all that. The beauty of carving into trees such as beech is that the carving grows and changes with time. This carving may be fairly recent, but others, older, have become soft-edged, more subtle over time. It must be time soon to revisit these woods, and see what the passing of a couple more years have done to the hearts shown here - others will have become impossible to read as true heart shapes now, and hopefully, there'll be new hearts, new loves, to find too.

No comments: