Wednesday 16 January 2008

Been Printing


I've been busy printing stuff for the valentines shows at the Mulberry Tree Gallery and Coastal Creatives - always takes me longer than I think!

The picture above is one of the ones I've printed, and it looks cracking done large. It was in a car park in Bournemouth which was actually the ground floor of a demolished building, I think. Great place. The security guards are only there in the day and the gut on the day i visited was happy to let me in to take pictures. He explained that the kids come in at night, when it's closed and un-guarded - he didn't see a problem with it, as otherwise the walls would be concrete and peeling paint, and as he said, there were no cars in at night that could be damaged. Some of the work in there was amazing (like the 'landscape' side of this. If I owned the place i'd open it as a gallery for Dorset Art week, though I've a feeling that the site is being built on now. So the 'graffers' (I use the term ill-adviedly and not often) will move elsewhere, probably more public, where they'll be termed a nuisance, and another exciting space will be lost.
I wish i'd gone in at night too, to photograph the artists at work, but I never had the nerve...

No comments: