Tuesday 18 November 2008

I vote for Knish

Back to the Big Apple: Knish are a rather tasty sounding yiddish dumpling style snack, and clearly a thing to be loved. I've never tried one, but I'm going to seek them out next time I'm in reach of Jewish food. Every lamp post was adorned with sticker graffiti in this patch of New York, and this caught my eye and made me think. One of the many things in the city that I felt familiar with through film and TV were the fire escapes covering the fronts, sides and backsides of buildings - so I was pleased to be able to incorporate them here. I tried to persuade my travelling companion Rachel to run up and down some with me in a cop-style chase, but to no avail. Next time, I'll chase myself, eating Knish.

Map: here

Oh - knish is prononunced with the k, much like knight, knickers and knugget. These things matter.



No comments: