Wednesday 27 August 2008

Here's That Coffee I Promised You


Looking back over the last few posts I noticed how negative they were, so thought a shot of caffiene might help.
Hand rails are a good place to find hearts, so obviously a good place to leave them too. They present a challenge, photographically, as they can appear too flat, or the background beyond can be distracting. Sometimes the light reflects too much if the surface is glossy, and I have to decide between a straight-on shot or whether to shoot at an angle - generally I shoot straight-on with the hearts, but I vary it from time to time. This one's nice as the accompanying picture has a similarly narrow depth of field, so you get a lovely mottled effect as a foil to the focussed areas.
I do love finding hearts without names attached too. They're left by people who have a need to express non-specific love to all around them. The world needs more people like that.

No comments: