Monday 6 April 2009

I want to go on holiday!

I was just sitting here looking at the greying view and thinking "I need a holiday". I probably don't NEED a holiday, but I really would like one... probably a reaction to my friend and fellow photographer Thierry Roy jetting off to New York today. And the fact I had a lovely weekend in the sunshine and now it's raining and I'm sat at my desk. And holidays are always good!

So I dug through some love landscape pics I hadn't yet completed and there were a bundle from Barcelona last summer. This one was taken early one morning at the Biblioteca Joan MirĂ³ de Barcelona, built in 1990 but already a mess of vandalism and frequented mainly by alcoholics and drug users from the looks and smells around it (I've written about this before in an earlier post).

There was a human poo near this heart. At least it didn't look or smell like anything any dog I've ever met would do. Sorry if you were enjoying the picture until then...

A beautiful building in need of a little TLC, I'd say. Funnily enough, it's on an island - I'm sure it could be gated off at night to keep it safe for the future and for the people who actually use the library facilities inside. I was amazed to find it was still a working library considering the outside looked like a stage set from Children of Men.

Anyway, it's a great building from the air too, as seen on Google maps.

No comments: