Thursday 23 April 2009

Happy St George's Day!

I took this this afternoon in Bridport, and it seemed so terribly, terribly English that I thought I'd offer it as a St George's gift to you all! Only the English could come up with a pet shop window display as oddly sweet as this is, and Bridport is a wonderfully English market town itself - the heart was here, just opposite the pet shop on the wall outside the gents'.

I was over there after visiting the very English seaside town of Lyme Regis to drop some work in at the Blue Lias gallery - actually I took the work over to show the chap there and he liked it so took some straight away, which was great. It's a really lovely gallery right in the centre of town, so if you ever need an excuse to visit Lyme, it's a good reason to go!

I'm heading downstairs now for a pint of English Ale, and I may even treat myself to the traditional English bag of crisps in front of the telly. We show St Patrick how to celebrate!

No comments: