Thursday 19 March 2009

Numbers Have Been Changed To Protect The Recipient

This presented me with an interesting dilemma - this was taken in 2007 on Westminster Bridge and the address label was taped securely to the road. Apart from having to dodge traffic to get the picture, I thought it was a Really Funny Thing - Royal mail don't get asked to deliver Westminster Bridge very often. Tower Bridge, now that's a different matter...

The dilemma was whether to edit the image, as it has a private name, address and telephone number on it. What are the rules here? I thought about it, and then I thought some more, and in the end I edited out the phone number. This is a tough one for me because other than sticking the two images together and the sort of stuff you'd do in a darkroom anyway, I don't manipulate any of these images, so to take out a number is A Big Deal Indeed. I have two copies of the finished image archived though - one edited and one original.

I suppose I could call the bloke and ask him what he thinks.

It's worth a look at Moon Films' website (it's their label) at http://www.takeagiantleap.com/ and also at the location map. The bridge is still there.

No comments: