Friday 13 March 2009

Going Through Old Shots

I'm going through some of my older shots that I haven't yet sorted and put together. It does take time to produce each image, even though I don't manipulate the individual photos. I usually have a few slightly different shots (compositional differences or exposure changes) and it isn't always obvious which will work best until I've paired them up to see. This one has a lovely woodgrain close-up - I'm looking forward to a print. It was taken here (I always remember precise locations, the weather and the smell...)

I took this in London last year, but other shots date back to 2007, a few even earlier. I just need to find a week or so to work though them before I take even more... today I asked Vick to take some publicity shot portraits of me as we were near some of my favourite seedy alleys in Bournemouth. I feel really awkward having my picture taken, I start to grin and what I intend to be moody, gritty, stylish pictures end up being mugshots of a fat-faced beardy bloke with some shiny teeth... if any end up worth using I'll change my blogger pic to show them!

No comments: