Monday 27 October 2008

From Studland to Obama Land?

Last post before I fly. I wanted to post a picture of what I'll miss, but I don't have a heart pic with Vick, Sunny Herb & Rosie Dog in it. I'll only be away for a week, but I get homesick very easily. I'll miss the beach, too, so here's a picture of that, at Studland not Swanage, but you've had a few of Swanage lately. This was a couple of years ago, but I have about 20 that Sunny spotted with me at the end of the summer but I've yet to put them together.

I'm going to be in New York for the last 5 days of the presidential campaign. America decides! The rest of the world holds its collective breath and thinks 'Not McCain, you fools, not McCain!', though a large proportion of middle-aged men seem to have a thing for the crazy Creationist. It amazes me how most people who you hear about who believe in Creationism seem to have missed the good philosophies of the New Testament and sided with the nasty bits of the Old. I suppose if you can't understand the difference between myth, storytelling and reality, it's difficult to have empathy for people different to those around you.

Anyhoo, enjoy wherever you are. I'll be sporting an Obama badge and looking up at buildings a lot, and I'll type more when I return.

No comments: