Monday 28 July 2008

I Love Swanage


It's a funny thing, living in a holiday resort. People come from all over the country to spend their valuable holiday time in the place we think of as home, and yet some of the people that live here all year round just don't realise how very lucky they are! The downside is that when you work for yourself, as I do, you have to keep remembering that you're not on holiday and you have things to do...
What makes me think this right now is that the weather outside is frightfully nice, as hot as you'd expect in the med, the sea is warm(ish) and inviting, and the town is full of carnival fun. Oh, and the kids are at home, sat beside me right now watching TV. We have a summer of beach, beach, beach, fireworks every weekend, stunning landscape to walk in and then pubs and cafes to spend my hard earned cash in... which I'm not earning because I'm enjoying myself too much! Eek!
Anyhoo, I wanted to put this picture up that I took a couple of weeks ago. Soft sand and blue skies. Youthful love expressed in an idyllic location. Ok, it's not the Bahamas, but come on... it's pretty damn good here!

No comments: