Tuesday 12 February 2008

Meridian Tonight - Have I reached the zenith of my career?!


I've spent this afternoon with Rachel & Steve from Meridian Tonight and Gemma from Liz Lean PR filming a feature for the Valentines Day show. It'll be on sometime between 6 - 6.30pm on Thursday 14th or you can view the show online for 7 days, I think, at the Meridian website! Next stop, The Culture Show...

Rachel asked me what was my favourite picture - I have lots, but one that I love is called 'Shit' (sorry, Mum!) and I've added it above. There are others I like as much, but I love the humour in this one - it just makes you wonder what the graffiti writer was thinking - the whole of the metal fence was covered in silver hearts. I was so pleased I spotted them as I'd loved this fence for a long time, with it's ancient green paint run with streaks of rust. I'd been looking for an excuse to photograph the fence, and then the excuse was handed to me on a plate! Shit happens in a good way! I love the accompanying image too - what is it? Spilt drink, dog pee? Knowing the location, it could be either or both, and I threw in a shadow of myself by way of self portrait.
Poo, wee, and a portrait of me,
a Valentine's gift, I'm sure you'll agree...
View the feature - right click and choose 'save target as' to download the file (5mb):


No comments: