Saturday 9 February 2008

Echo Echo Echo...


Bournemouth Echo ran a short piece on my work yesterday and a feature in the Weekend magazine today - apologies for the grumpy portrait of yours truly (see the BBC link previously...)

A couple of corrections though - Coastal creatives have some images but they're no longer showing them in their window (it's complicated) so the additional pics are in the window of Gulliver's Bookshop in Wimborne Minster - go and have a look! Also, the Echo article says that I started the project after 'seeing a picture of a heart' at the Oxo Gallery. Should have said that I showed the first picture there. Oh, and I really really really must insist that I don't have a keen eye or a romantic nature! Well, maybe a bit, but I'd certainly never say so!!!

But a great boost to the ego to have such a lot of attention, and a reminder too to get the info on my site about my plans for Dorset Art Week!

[I'll add a pic to this post when I'm back on my PC]
OK - I'm back on my PC... this is one of the images the Echo ran with. Couple of the others were hacked and chopped, but that's the way it goes! This is from the 2005 Biennale in Venice and I loved the overlayed commentary on the huge artwork. There are levels and levels and levels in this - the appropriated image digitised and turned into a new artwork, overlayed with graffiti by disgruntled art-lovers (quoting Duchamp and maybe Magritte), then photographed (appropriated again) by me to produce this work. The commentary by the graffiti writer could be about the work I've photographed, or, I often think, about what i do...

No comments: