Saturday 27 June 2009

Pub?


Pub. It has to be one of the best three letter words in the English language, closely followed by Sex, and occasionally in that order. It's such a beautiful day today that I've spent the afternoon in front of a computer, writing long and important emails and looking out of the window at the clear blue sky, listening to the sounds of the seagulls, swifts and some bloke who thinks we all want to listen to him wailing along to his guitar. All of which makes me want to be in a pub garden, drinking pints of shandy and eating crisps. And so I'm sat here briefly blogging...


This is from the garden of the Red Lion in Swanage, drawn in chalk on the wall in the kids play area. We have 10 pubs, I think, and The Red Lion is one my favourites, along with The Black Swan, The Anchor in the winter, The Ship when I want loud music, and the others when my friends are in those... This picture makes me think of hot summer afternoons when a long drink is in order before a few pints of ale... here's the Red on a map.



No comments: