Sunday 1 February 2009

Love and Death

Some things you don't notice til much later, especially when you're forced to work quickly by a frustrated marathon runner with tendon issues. It was only when I looked at the photos back in Swanage that I could see the death's head in the heart on this Central Park tree. And the tree had been alongside this chess garden. And I instantly thought of Woody Allen, not because I was transposing the Seventh Seal Bergman reference onto a Manhattan setting, but because I'm essentially shallow and I get my high culture references from pop culture sources.

Now I'll have to get the Bergman film on DVD and pretend that I was referring to that all along, except i've given away my true working method here... d'oh!

OK, so I'm still posting pictures of New York, which i shot back in October/November, but I'm slowly working towards more recent stuff. I'm still campaigning (successfully, me thinks) to save my sons' school, so work is a little behind... more soon!

This pic was shot here

1 comment:

Richard Jeffery said...

actually, I suspect the apostrophe in d'oh says far more...