Tuesday 10 June 2008

The Show is Over

Dorset Art Week is over, and it's nice to see the house back to its usual chaotic state... it's really hard work keeping the place presentable for two weeks and three weekends! Met so many interesting people, though, and had a hugely positive reaction to the work. It's spurred me on again to seek a publisher and also to try and find a gallery to take the work on somewhere a bit more urban. By which I mean London, to be honest - so many people said theyt could imagine it in a London gallery and that they were suprised to see this kind of photography in Swanage - which I took as a compliment!

This image is from Tuscany, en route from Collodi back to the campsite we were staying on. It was under a bridge, and Vicki was driving. I remember shouting 'stop the car!' and getting her to reverse back so that I could lean across to get the shot of the heart - the dappled evening light was beautiful shining through the trees on the roadside, and you can see the shadow of the car at the bottom right. We had to get moving again as a car was approaching behind, so I took a number of pictures from the moving car (all within sight of the heart of course) and got this landscape shot on the roundabout a few yards from the bridge. Love it.


I said I put some pictures on of how the show looked, so here they are. I stuck the 100 most recent shots on the wall of the hall. This is the way I see them exhibited, when I think about it. Often I only get chance to show a couple of large framed prints, and that doesn't really give a sense of the mass of the work. Seeing 100 all in one place helps people to see the collection the way it is in my head.


No comments: